Friday 1 March 2013

Review of 2012

I know this is very late but in my defence I did plan on creating the blog back in January!

2012 was a bit of an odd year, spending half of it at high school then the other half at university, its fair to say I've done a lot of growing up over the back end of 2012..

2012 kicked off with A-level January exams then from then on it was an uphill battle with stress and a heavy work load leading up to the final summer exams. The end of year 13 at sixth form was weird as I definitely felt like I had grown out of being at school and wanted a change of scenery..
The day of the sixth form leavers ball finally arrived and what a glorious sunny day it was too! We spent the day in school then rushed home to get ready, meeting at my friends house later on to have wine and photos in the garden. The prom was such a lovely way to let our hair down before the exams and to celebrate 7 years of all being together.
The summer of 2012 was great, spending as much time at work as I could to attempt to earn enough money to live off at university. It was hard juggling work with spending time with my friends and family, but I knew it was important as I wouldn't be seeing much of them over the next couple of years.
The stress and anxiety of results day hung over us the whole summer but when that dreaded day finally arrived me and my best friend were relieved to find we had done excellent in our exams and had been accepted into our first choices of university.
Summer ended nicely with a holiday to center parcs with my family and my sisters boyfriend then my 19th birthday, which i spent shopping with my best friends then had a lovely meal out.
The day finally to pack up my life and move into university halls, I was very scared and apprehensive to leave my family but soon settled in and made some new friends. The next couple of months flew by with days packed with lectures and weekends spent sleeping!
Christmas arrived to round off the year, I spent most of my time either with my family and friends or yet again at work trying to earn some more money!
Unfortunately, I fell ill during December and was sick until the end of January. It was a rough couple of weeks most of which was spent in bed or at the hospital. I was diagnosed with glandular fever/mono and was put on antibiotics and steroids, which thankfully worked and I am practically back to my old self now..

Here's hoping that 2013 will be just as good as 2012, if not better..

No comments:

Post a Comment