Tuesday 2 September 2014

England Athletics Championships

This past weekend I travelled all the way down to Bedford to work with the British athletics biomechanics team and complete some performance analysis for the athletics field events.
After a disasterous start to the trip by missing my connection train, I arrived at the hotel 3 hours late on the friday night! I had a small amount of time to look over my schedule for the weekend and familiarise myself with the equipment I would be using.
On the saturday I recorded the performances in the pole vault, shot put, hammer throw and triple jump. Then on the sunday I recorded long jump, pole vault and javelin.
I had a really great experience throughout the weekend and met some really great people. I just now feel sorry for the head biomechanist who has to go through and analyse all of the films!

No comments:

Post a Comment