Friday 9 August 2013

Level 2 Swim Teaching

Over the past two weeks I have been attending an intensive course to become a level 2 swimming teacher, this is the course up from level 1 and will allow me to teach classes on my own and potentially start up my own swim school.
Every morning on the course I have been teaching children aged between 3 and 12 how to swim and improving their general swimming technique. It has been such a great experience and I have learnt so much and not to mention my confidence levels have gone through the roof. There have been the cutest little kids in the classes and I have just wanted to take them all home with me!
After making a fool of myself singing nursery rhymes and dancing along the poolside with the kids copying me in the water I'm definitely glad to have passed. Some of the kids become very attached after 2 weeks and this morning I had one little girl saying the she loved me!
The course also goes into detail about the technical aspects of strokes which has been really interesting to learn and understand how to gain maximum propulsion out of each stroke, I think learning the theory has improved my swimming as well as the children's!
I can't wait to start teaching properly, which probably wont be until September now, but still its something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment